History

The history of the company begins in the mid 1800s when the brothers Armen and Michael Missirian started importing tobaccos in Antwerp from the Black Sea area.
In 1902 they established a sales ofice in Brussels dealing with classical oriental tobaccos, and began transforming tobacco with operations in Plovdiv, Bulgaria (1905) and in Kavala, Greece (1922).

After the Second World War, the Plovdiv plant was nationalized by the regime in Bulgaria.

  large product photo

The sales office in Brussels remained to serve European manufacturers with tobacco, and the company in Greece strengthened its position in the market.

  • In 1996, a new factory was built in Kavala,Greece, and it was fully renovated in 2005.
  • In 1998, the company established Masis Tobacco in Armenia.
  • In 2004, a new processing plant was established in Stambolovo,Bulgaria.